View Single Post
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 08:54   #9
Staticloveninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsing View Post
Can you hear the fuel pump buzz for a second when turning the ignition on? It's by the left, rear wheel, might help if you have someone sit next to it and listen.

If not, get a test light out and see if the relay behind the glove box closes correctly, or alternatively pull the wires of the fuel pump and test on those, but remember they're only on for a second when you turn the ignition on.

Also try pulling a spark plug wire and rest it on top of the engine. You should be able to see the spark to the block when turning it over.
So I took the cover off of the relay. When I turn the key I can see the first contact work and when I try to turn it over the second contact does the same. But it struggles to start. I actually have had to hold the second contact closed to run the pump for 3 seconds then attempt to turn it over and after a few tries it will start but sometime it will run rough still or if I put it in gear will attempt to die!
I did figure out that one of my smaller plugs on my ignition coil had come lose and was not giving proper contact. I’ve had this same relay for a while now and it’s not burnt up yet. So maybe the lose coil wire was causing an issue. Still doesn’t help explain why now I still struggle to get her going? I have noticed if I get it going drive it without issues **** it off 80% of the time it will still start right up after switching it off. BUT every morning or if I haven’t ran it in hours it will struggle? I’m at a loss!! I’m also curious as well I replaced all my fuses with new ones and checked the contacts.
I did get under the car and used my tester to check the external pump wires and that it was working which it is. What’s the chances of it being a fuel filter or something minor??
Staticloveninja is offline   Reply With Quote