Thread: Suspension: - does this look OK to you?
View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2019, 19:48   #12
ThomasG
Aka MadBabs

Entrophy

It looks like she`s still on original shocks
posiibly still on original subframe bushes.

all was fine for quite a while, but in last 2 years i can see regress..
ride is becoming.. less stable
occasional creaks when im in a tight turn, doesnt take uneven road (think patched up tarmac, manholes etc) too nicely.

i`d happily wait until something breaks, but unfortunately i cannot afford unexpected interruption in car use
i`d much rather have expected one, one that was planned for and ii`m prepared for..
call it- preventative maintenance. looong overdue one, too

also- i dont really want to change one part at a time- if i`m undoing ball jionts, i can in same time change these (presumably worn) shocks, droplinks etc, no?

thing is- its ugly expensive in London
today i was walking by qwikfit. not that i`d use them anyway, but i had opportunity so i asked the question..
£800+ parts is not what i wanted to hear
especially if i know a garage that i can work myself, alongside mechanic, on my car, garage that will (and did) lend me their car if i need to pop out for parts.. garage that charged me around £30 in labour for changing CV joint (opposite side than this ball jiont on photos), plus inner cv jiont gaiter, and additional £20 for 3D 4-wheel alignment.

that garage is 1300 miles from here, and next time i`m in that area will be end of July.
but if i have to do it all on my drive- i will.

I wonder when will i decide that enough is enough, and its time to stop pumping money into her
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote