View Single Post
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 23:42   #42
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70Zig View Post
D5 is just a badge denoting a 5 pot engine, there are engine variants for the D5 and might not be the same, putting the correct info into Vida should give you the right info.

I too have a bluetooth reader, because I don't have a temp gauge ! I have the torque and the car scanner apps on my phone to see actual temp.
From lotuscorty's posts it looks like his has unfortunately stuck in an open position which will fool the ecu into over fuelling.
Quickest way to to check without any apps or diagnostics connected is to start up from cold (overnight) and feel the top hose from rad to engine as it should remain a lot "cooler than the bottom hose" if it's getting warm after a couple or 3 min it's more than likely stuck open or partially open.

Welcome anybody's views on this post just in case I'm wrong....oh and there is a thanks button if I'm right...............
V70Zig's is the same car as my Dad's, just his has the Polestar upgrade to 205 bhp.

@V70Zig - Thank you for the pictures. It looks simple enough!