View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2016, 10:30   #21
rogereld

I have just got hold of a second hand laptop with a fresh install of windows 7 pro 64 bit. I am just not clear on where to start. I have connected the laptop to my wi-fi but no windows security updates have been installed yet. Should I let windows 7 download and install all its updates, and can I leave the windows updates set to automatically download and install after vida is installed? I note from the very helpful video that they have been turned off for the installation process, but not sure if they have all been downloaded and installed before the vida installation and are the automatic updates turned on again after?

Also, Windows 7 is supplied with internet explorer 8 pre installed. Vida requires IE9, but does that mean at least IE9 and will it install and run if I follow the windows recommendation and install IE11 or whatever the most up to date version of internet explorer is.

You tube videos will not play in IE8, but they will from IE9 onwards. Is vida 2014D the same ie won't work on IE8 but will work on IE9 onwards?
rogereld is offline   Reply With Quote