Thread: oilcan
View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 08:25   #7
skyship007
Premier Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell51 View Post
I know its illegal everywher but i don(t want to ruin my engine when i took it off the manifold had only a litle breathing hole left because off the carbon .

I put a plate between the egr hole and put the egr on there so they want see any changes .

And the oilcan i want put it in now
A blocked intake or EGR will not damage the engine. You will notice a lag when booted well before either the intake or EGR blocks. Carbon particles do not cause an increase in engine wear and only make a very small difference in how long the oil lasts.

In a serious accident any insurance investigator will get the hidden fault codes read to see if the engine has been modified and they will almost certainly notice a hidden EGR fault code or find the blanking plate. Most investigators also check public forums for any chat about blanked off EGR's and as you are in Belgium it will be easy to find this thread. The oil can mod will be real easy to find.

If the insurance has been invalidated by an illegal act and the investigator can obtain proof of who did the mod involved then they will not pay for damage to your car and are fully entitled to take legal action against you to reclaim funds paid out to a third party. You will also get your name flagged on the central insurers register which will increase your next insurance premium in a big way, just like drink driving convictions.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote