View Single Post
Old Sep 30th, 2020, 09:31   #4
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Squeal

Squeal only at low speed/light braking effort. Bang 'em on and they are silent. Hard to gauge location from the driver's seat but I think left hand side, not sure if front or back. Handbrake makes no difference but is silent.

I would have imagined garage to check pad wear when blowing out dust which it says it has done. Visual inspection without removing pads.

I may only do few miles but there are two nearby motorway or nearly motorway stretches with no cameras, and my favourite uphill test run, so cobwebs are unlikely!

I'll have a rummage in my pile of papers but last MoT was about a year ago so may take some finding. If I find it it will have the idle settings, but my recollection is that they were spot on. I always demand the emission test figs.

I have however no idea how the garage is doing MoT tests as it says its exhaust gas anayser is broken! But mixture has got to be prime suspect in that on said favourite test hill (up) where on a cold wet night I could once see speedo 125 I now only see speedo 110 - but in the early days I had Hydras with standard tyres on and now I have Galaxies with wider tyres, so more rolling resistance.

And yes, I am naughty with petrol but I have to drive nearly 20 miles to get V-Power except at one garage that has petrol at the prices of French perfumes!

Oh - in the old days I used to set mixtures using a Gunson Colourtune and I think I still have it. Could I use that in stead of an exhaust gas analyser or is it insufficiently precise?
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post: