View Single Post
Old Sep 8th, 2020, 11:27   #4
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Intercooler and clutch

It's OK 360, I've got an intercooler now thanks.

Interestingly different views on the clutch. I am only aiming for about 250 bhp, quite mild for a B234F+T - but yes, I will almost certainly be towing a small caravan. Unless I reserve a different Volvo for towing!

I was told by a fairly well known tuner that he ate 3 diesel clutches in a year - one in 3 days - on a "mildly tuned 8 valve" and I would have thought over 250 bhp on an 8 valve was getting fairly radical.

OTOH the plans I first laid so long ago with Slater were for a diesel clutch and Slater tends to have a fair idea what he is doing!

I remember somebody who used to be on here a lot had a brute of an 8V with oversized valves claiming 400 bhp, until he dropped a valve educating a Beemer, and that was the end of his head. But I can't remember who it was nor what clutch he was using - although I would have expected the DMF to give up long before that.

Bearing in mind the price of a TTV setup I am tempted to go diesel clutch and if I smash it the RAC can take me somewhere and then I can put a TTV in, and that way I will not waste too much money going OTT. But the jury is still out.
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote