Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 15:05   #1794
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
There is indeed a convenient hole in the arm Dave, unfortunately it is a little too small to pass both bungee hooks through and there is not enough metal around it to drill it out a bit bigger. I may look around for a shorter, stiffer bungee so it would only need one hook each end.

I suspect the convenient bracket at the other end is for a strap to secure the spare wheel, but I don't know where the other end goes.

Good fortune,

Alan
Is the hole big enough to pass a short bolt through held in place with a Nyloc nut and with penney washers either side of the hinge?

Alternatively the same bungee could be used by sliding the hook down from the end and tying a new knot in it to shorten it. Maybe use half the bungee each side to make it look neater.

With the spare wheel, i know now why that convenient bracket is there - should be a strap secured within the spare wheel well that comes up andhooks into that slot. There is a buckle that is adjustable to hold the wheel securely.

Whether a convenient bracket exists on the other side as well is another matter as i think the fuel filler neck is hidden there.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: