View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2016, 13:43   #29
Mark1Stu

Am I the only person who thinks it would be helpful if KGF added to their forum 'fishing' post by including the price range for an outright purchase of a 200/300/700 series etc car? After all, it's not that difficult for them - they know what margin they need to make and what the current market value is. Ok, they'll need to differentiate between different models etc which will require some work. They can always add the rider 'we will pay more for truly exceptional low mileage examples' to give themselves room to manoeuvre. Why? Because it will result in a forum discussion which should result in potential sellers becoming better informed prior to negotiating a sale.

Currently, it's too one sided for me (I'm waiting for a response to my earlier post, but I'm not holding my breath).

To my mind, there's a danger VOC, via the forum, could be perceived as not acting in the members best interest if club members responding to forum 'fishing' requests are under informed and sell too cheaply.

Better the trader is requested to provide more information, as a condition of posting on the forum, than VOC officials spend more of their spare time maintaining an up to date price quide.

Last from me on this subject.
Mark1Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark1Stu For This Useful Post: