View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 21:09   #40
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cilinder View Post
I think the biofuel content was at least 7% and even over 10% in some cases (in the past)
I have both ecu maps with and without the dpf software update and they seem to run under the same lamdas during regeneration (including post injection) also the regeneration intervals are the same
I had no rising oilevels with both of them but biocontent is max 2% over here

Now with more modern dieselengines nowadays with piezo injectors there are more injections pro cycle possible so maybe that curbs a bit
And if the oilring is different (source?} than it could a be bit of a difference
But with the older dpf d5ś it was almost the german and uk d5ś with the high biodiesel content that had the excessive problems
I read every post on the XC90 D5 forum and there never was a UK XC90 D5 with a rising oil level. There was one very early Spanish one that Volvo replaced the engine for a new one and took the old one back to the factory to experiment on, but that was it for the UK XC90 forum.

There was an issue with some of the 60 series D5's, but as I said the issue was sorted ages ago and there have been no issues recently that I've seen.

UK diesel has been 7% bio for about 11 years. Was 5% before that.

Roy