Thread: XC90 problems
View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 23:56   #3
JsR

Quote:
Originally Posted by perussell
Well, let's just say that where I work, (which is nothing to do with Volvo) we have probably 50+ XC90s in our car parks. In general it seems the early models were plagued with problems and niggles and a lot of the people who bought one of these say they would never have one again. (Then again another colleague in a 53 reg Merc ML has had it back in the garage 11 times! - so it's not just Volvos)
On the other hand those of us with 54 reg (incl myself) onwards seems to have a much better reliablity rate. Mine has suffered nothing other than a couple of loose pieces of trim or rattles.
So I guess this suggests that it took Volvo a while to iron out the inevitable new model glitches.......
Which is one reason why I'm now going for a nearly-end-of-life brand-new XC70 - my '03 XC90 has suffered a series of niggles the fixing of which I didn't want to finance myself. I must say though that Volvo, and my dealer, have been excellent in sorting out all the problems without any argument. Now sadly out of (extended) warranty so decided to bite the bullet and trade-in. But I'm really looking forward to the new car...

regards

John R
JsR is offline   Reply With Quote