View Single Post
Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 11:36   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlsBean View Post
Hello all, this is my first post and any advice would be very much appreciated.

We've just purchased an S40 D3 2010 but I believe 2011 model if that matters. We noticed that the day after purchase we were getting the Engine System Service Required message and after much Googling discovered that it may be down to much engine oil. The garage had indeed just serviced the vehicle and had put 6L of oil in it, I believe the correct amount is listed as 5.9L but the new advisory level is in fact 5.6L. So to cut a long story short they took out 300-400mls and after a day the electronic dipstick updated itself to reflect this new level.

But we still have the error message when we start car which has had me Googling and now I am worried that there might be something wrong with the DPF filter? The error code is 019. Does anyone know if this car requires DPF additive or is it a Dry DPF? I've researched it but can only find information on the D5 and not the D3. I have about 5 weeks warranty left on the car (just a small local garage) so I am keen to resolve anything that might need doing before that runs out.

Anyway, thank you in advance of any help or advice offered.
The correct oil quantity for the Diesel 5 cylinder is 5.7 litres , if you have had it serviced by a dealer who knows what he is doing they would have reset the oil level gauge at the same time , it is part of the service ..

So what I would do is drain the oil , put back in exactly 5.7 litres of the same oil then get the oil level gauge reset at the dealer , or let them do it if they messed up .
No additive on the volvo engines ..