View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2023, 11:41   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgoode View Post
Hi Guys,

Relatively new to the Volvo scene and looking to purchase an older Volvo of the 850 T5 or V70 R variant and saw this one on Autotrader.

Was wondering if anyone had any advice or if this one had an owner on here.

It was formely an AWD variant in the past but had been converted to 2 wheel drive so was trying to find out what was involved or if worth looking to restore the AWD.

Happy to do some work myself on any car i have and not really wanting to get too new a car as to much electronics/driving aids to go wrong or seriously cheese me off nowadays.

Link as follows - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...o=2023&fromsra

Many thanks and apologies if i've posted in wrong area....

Andy
I would stay well away from that one if they cant even bother to fix it before selling, also the engine could well have been bodged around with , cracked liners, remapped, done dozens of track days. who knows. looks like they are trading it in to get as much money back for it as possible, " Converted to 2 wheel drive" means I cant be bothered to fix it take it as it is.. Volvo put AWD on it so it can deal with 300 bhp properly and safely, it wont do that with a broken rear wheel drive which probably can easily fixed with a £140 part.