View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2020, 12:10   #8
P156KWJ

Finally got around to purchasing a new compact powered sub (but obviously I haven't been able to go and browse Car Audio Centre personally or anything at the moment). After a fiasco with DPD it arrived this weekend.

Went for something slightly more expensive in the end but seems worth it for the quality.

Relatively simple installation by the looks of it even in to the factory stereo as the built in amp will accept both high-level and RCA inputs. To save purchasing an adapter pointlessly this means I can splice straight in to the existing wires behind the head unit. Power cables with an inline fuse, remote turn on wire and a remote control wire all included in the kit from CAC.

A couple of questions before I go and install it, hopefully this weekend, first one in particular being of importance.

1) Any specific safety concerns with regards to installation under the driver's seat, specifically regarding not disturbing SIPS or other airbag equipment? Besides the usual common sense instructions relating to airbags of course, like not sitting on one and seeing what happens when you activate it (yes, my other half who is a nurse has seen a patient in A&E who did this...)

2) Does it matter which speakers I tap in to (obviously for simplicity I'll choose the same speakers from the L/R side of the car, a total of 4 wires spliced).

3) As the factory unit doesn't have the facility specifically for a remote turn off like I'd imagine aftermarket ones do, can I run this straight to a device that is only turned on with the auxillaries to act in the same way? Ironically the radio circuit would be ideal for this, perhaps via a breakout fuse or a fuse tap. Or have I got this wrong?

Thanks in advance
P156KWJ is offline   Reply With Quote