View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2020, 20:15   #10
P156KWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkey1984 View Post
If you're intending to use the speaker wiring from the green connector out of the back of the stereo then they will then not be amplifier fed, to use the amped feed you'd need to be following the wiring from the speakers themselves back to somewhere convenient to splice into, as the aforementioned feed straight from the stereo only powers the tweeters, I only know this as when I fitted an aftermarket unit into a car equipped with the later premium system I needed to use a din adapter with a power supply fed from the new stereo to get the amp to work.
Just read Technician's insights further up the page and realise what you mean now! Checked for a build list of extras for my specific vehicle with Volvo and it does indeed list option 427, 'high performance loudspeaker'. Will have a look in the boot in a bit as I'm guessing the amp is a little further out of the way in there somewhere.

To be honest looking at the clearance I'm going to struggle for clearance underseat anyway, this is why originally I was after the smaller Kenwood unit but their warehouses are currently closed so I got a slightly higher rated round one.

Long shot but does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the setup or is it a case of manually tracing wire numbers through the car?
P156KWJ is offline   Reply With Quote