View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 23:24   #3
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
These are really great photos as I haven't had the front wings off mine so it's good to see what's below. I am interested to know what's the bit most prone to rot around the windscreen?

My 66 estate leaks on both side and I fear it's down to rot rather than a leaking windscreen and I want to know the specific area to look in so I can narrow down my problem without taking everything apart.
hi there as a rule you can tell if a amazon has suffered from a leaky windscreen if you look up under the dash into the corners in each side , you will see a angled bit of the bulkhead ( firewall ) if its rotten on the underside of it then that shows it has had or has a bad issue with leaking. now that area will need repairing to do a job properly and also with the windscreen taken out you will see in the leaking corners generaly at each bottom corner in the ribs where the windscreen seal sits in will be rotten some have had it bad some not so bad if it has been caught in time

another two areas will also be effected if you see my first and last photos on #1 post then you will see it rots in the top of door pillars , on the return areas going into the engine bay it has a oblng stroke rectangle panel most have had rot as a result of water getting in but cannot escape so sits in that place which is the internal area of bulkhead ( firewall ) i mentioned when you look up under dash in the corners .

hope thats helped but just from a leaky screen all that mess becomes the end result if left to its own devices

i just edited quickly a image to show the return area going into engine bay which my image shows a small area which i need to repair in the bottom left hand corner size of a 10p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rot-example.jpg (190.3 KB, 70 views)

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Apr 29th, 2013 at 23:34.
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post: