View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2019, 22:52   #1
guestinlancs

Default Wanted - 2005 163bhp D5 Auto

The car I thought would go for years was smacked by a Peugeot 206 a couple of weeks ago as I gob back after 50 mile commute. Guy just came drifting across road whilst drinking coffee and chatting to his wife while driving!
His was totalled but he hit my front wheel, knackered that and steering and then dragged his crappy little car all the way down side of mine before he stopped. Anyway, its a no fault on my part - glad I put a dashcam in last year; got him bang to rights.
So now I'm looking again. Ideally a 2005, one of the last 163bhp, auto's not the 185. Latter is good, and I speak from experience of having had both but I prefer the economy and don't really need the added oomph. Anyone know of a low mileage (below 100k) good example for sale. It'd be helpful if it was north of b-ham. Search is on now so would appreciate any leads or finds.
By the way - cost of repair: steering rack, spring, wheel, other sundry undercarriage bits, front and rear panel repair, both o/s doors, respray one side = £10k
guestinlancs is offline   Reply With Quote