View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 18:57   #41
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
Nov 2020 lloyds @ Carlisle had mega cheap deal... like £350ish. I initially bought it but had to give backword as AVIVA would not insure the car with it installed. - Gutted.

Perhaps worth a call???

Cheers
Bob
I would second that - Lloyds are my 'local' dealer (nearest @ 60 miles!), used them for years and always found them very obliging - they've Polestar'd two cars for me - both good deals.
Even if there's no official offer running, it's still worth asking for a deal - mentioning club membership also helps...!

Totally agree with Tatsfield - don't lose your Polestar because of an insurer's ignorance/stupidity/greed.
Be careful what you say to them about it - careless description of Polestar to an uninitiated insurer can result in an unfavourable quote, or outright refusal.
Always mention "optimisation" and that it "improves efficiency" (if they ask "what is it? / what does it do?"!) - leave "performance" or similar out of it as far as possible.
But if their silly attitude persists, dump them and shop around - there's plenty more out there.
I was with Esure for years with several Volvos, mostly with Polestar, and they only charged a small premium - one year, when changing to a newer model (all XC70s) it even went down.
Unfortunately, they eventually started hiking prices generally so I had to try elsewhere - I remember Aviva were particularly unenlightened!
I then tried Volvo Insurance which was great - obviously no issues with Polestar - until they decided last year - during lockdown when my usage had never been lower - to hike my renewal by £150 - for no reason, so that was that.
I'm now with Brightside who were fine with P* - hope it continues at renewal next month...!
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote