View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 09:07   #9
skyship007
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarrow View Post
Thanks for the post about the fuel pick-up. I was about to search how to check that next. Will get the codes read next as suggested.

I changed the fuel pressure regulator at the weekend (much easier job than anticipated! - which makes a nice change). It hasn't stalled yet, but still feels a bit sluggish under acceleration at times. Also tried some injector cleaner in the tank - probably snake-oil but was worth a shot!

I took the inlet pipe of what looks like the throttle housing at the rear nearside top of the engine (but I think that is the "shut off throttle"? Since it appears fully open with the engine running and is operated by some kind of bellows on the outside). There is a good helping of oily junk in there. I was wondering whether a clogged/sticky EGR may be at fault - but having read the threads about how much fun it is getting the EGR out - I want to exhaust easier options before attempting to tackle the EGR!
If the intake is badly fouled up then the EGR will probably need cleaning, although it's rare for a failed or blocked EGR to cause a diesel to stall.
With any modern diesel that develops a fault you really do need to get the codes read once any normal service items have been checked.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)

Last edited by skyship007; Nov 22nd, 2017 at 09:09.
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skyship007 For This Useful Post: