View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2024, 16:01   #6
MikeGMT
VOC Member

I ran into the same problem. I had a iPod Nano 4th gen; which I used in my late 15 model XC60 with the 1st Sensus system without problems. When I replaced my car with the later Sensus system, the iPod lost most of it’s functionality,

I don’t think it is solely down to the Google system, more likely to be the IOS that the iPod is using. Eventually I bought a iPod Touch with a much later IOS and this works perfectly. I also have a spare iPhone which I have deleted all the apps and just use for storing music, the Sensus recognises this as a IPod. Just a couple of solutions to consider. Sadly Apple no longer sell the iPods but they are still available if you wanted to go down that route.

I feel your pain regarding the obsolescence of older technology, or in Apple speak, Legacy products. All my old phones and iPods were in pristine condition but sadly the operating systems just ran out of support.

Just to be clear this is my experience with Sensus and not the Google system, but I would of thought Apple products with the later IOS should be compatible with Google. Hope you get a solution.