View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 20:30   #32
ThomasG
Aka MadBabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGMT View Post
Years ago when I had a young family I always fancied a Volvo estate. One day while out and about I came across a 265 GLE Estate and p/x my current car. This was my first Volvo and afterwards I thought what have I done, swapped a 60,000 mile car for one with 118.000. Doubts started to creep in but how wrong would I prove to be in the intervening years. Had this car 7 years and toured all over the UK without problems, 3 kids in the back, luggage compartment full and the dog still had plenty of room.

I used to belong to a fishing club and everybody used to make a beeline for my car if we had to go any distance. On one occasion it was loaded up with five of us and all the fishing gear without having to drop the rear seats. On the return trip it even had a Ford Orion on a towrope (broken down), with another 3 onboard and their gear. Never missed a beat.

If ever there was a functional car this was it. Maybe didn't have all the frippery's of todays cars though I guess it was well spec'd for the day, even had a button on the dash to pump up the rear suspension for heavy loads.

Loved that car, V6 PRV 2.8 interestingly the same engine that DeLorean fitted to there Back to the Future car.

Registration SBL???Y, we used to call her Sybil.
My very understanding of funcionality.

Now.. can you imagine new V90 doing the same job?
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote