View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 23:51   #10
JGEM

Default 2009 xc60 drl

Never sure what the purpose was for those little white lights at the front was, when they only come on with the headlights or parklights on with my 2009 XC60. If they could be replaced with high intensity LEDs and used as DRL they would be much more useful

Several years ago i replaced my fog lights on the XC60 with a set of LED based DRL I got from Ebay. They come with a controller so that they are on when the car is switched on and dim down when the headlights are turned on.

The lack of fog lights was never an issue in Australia, but now the XC60 is in NZ fog is a bit more of an issue, but even then based on past NZ experience I can only recall a real need for foglights about once or twice a year based on where I live in South Island

Our second car is currently a 2008 Volvo S80 and I notice that the aftermarket DRLs available for that model seem to allow retention of the existing fog lights by incorporating them into a modified housing which has both fog and DRL. Will have to do some research and see if such a thing is available for the XC60
JGEM is offline   Reply With Quote