View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2019, 15:43   #19
Triple-S
How Old?

Default Volvo 164

Avcentraltial - by chance had this morning to cast my eyes over a 1-family ownership from new maroon 1970/1 164. Her late father's car, daughter is frankly confusing: with alternating sentences of "I want it to go into the hands of an enthusiast who will look after it, as it will rust away here" to "its so shiny it must be worth thousands, so I won't let it go for any less that £9k".
I went in my 164E so we took pictures of both side-by-side, but despite my advising a classic-car valuations guide reckoning being worth about £4k, she wasn't having any of it!
I gave her a couple of classic car-selling site details, and wished her luck...., took several photos, and commented on the rust on top of each front wing (the rears have already been repaired - so much for always garaged). It has 79k miles, has an immaculate interior but it has the perhaps undesirable 3-speed column-change auto 'box. It will also be re-registered soon as she wants to retain father's registration.
I see two 164s up for over £10k each are still advertised after months of trying....... Both are good (I've been all over both) but there are so few serious enthusiasts wanting to spend that sort of money on a frankly un-fashionable car out there. By looking at ebay I see yours has good interest, which works when being sensible re valuations.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote