View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2019, 12:18   #51
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis View Post
I decided on a spot, it was next to a grass verge so it was longer than the rest. I'd be in there, trailer and all, and I'll be out of everyone's way. Trouble is, it was a disabled space.

I got away with it. But I can imagine the argument if someone had decided to kick up a stink ... I mean, sure, I might not be disabled (at least not physically) but I do have a trailer which needs to park somewhere. I can't just leave it hanging out into the thoroughfare, can I?

Different people have different needs. I just feel it's unfair to rigidly class people into types. I mean, I wasn't there long. Just got me coffee and left. No harm done. BUT.... This dumb piece of painted asphalt apparently can make better decisions than me.
It sounds as if you were in an area where not only was it a retail park but there might well have been some units taken my the likes of Screwfix, Toolstation and similar - in other words, borderline industrial estate although primary retail.

With that in mind, why on earth do they not provide parking for vans, vans with trailers, lorries, lorries with trailers and so on. Many larger vehicles will also be delivering to those retail outlets in any case and often they will be approaching their breaks at a time just before/just after the delivery. That means they also need somewhere to park where they can go to Costa (other coffe shops are available! ), McDonalds (other fast-food outlets are also available! ) and take their breaks, away from the working environment of the cab, stretch their legs, have a "comfort break" but what happens?

Van, lorries etc all bundle in to the nearest car park where they can park across multiple spaces because there is nowhere else for them to park. Sometimes these multiple spaces are disabled spaces but in fairness what choice do they have? They don't is the simple answer.

While i wouldn't condone parking a van and trailer in a disabled space, i can understand it and as i pointed out, there is no other option usually.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: