Thread: 1800: - Injection to Carb
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 19:10   #20
sleek lemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by powen1 View Post
very nice - I like to webber carbs and notice you have a electric fan - love the air pipe trying to get cold air to carbs I suspect ?
Paul
Yes, I had the classic voltage stabilizer issue which causes water temp and fuel guage to over read. Using a laser thermometer showed that all was good with the
cooling, but when I updated the engine and changed to Webers, I changed to electric fan, which uses less HP to run. Glad you noticed my artistic trunking to the carbs! Revotec, who do the electric fan kit do some great scoops, one of which I have mounted in front of and the the right of the rad, with the trunking thru the hole where the old FI air input went I did consider a K&N airbox, but I don't think there's quite enough room Vs the inner wing. I need to neaten up the air exit a bit! Have also wrapped manifold in hi-tec insulation (not in a way that is likely to promote rust, he added quickly...).

Oh, and 142, I do get out plenty! Drove to Velencia for the MotoGP last year... But November is sugar beet harvest in mid Suffolk and the roads are very VERY muddy. Everyone's car looks like a cow pat. 🚜💩

Last edited by sleek lemur; Nov 28th, 2020 at 19:29.
sleek lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sleek lemur For This Useful Post: