Thread: Steering: - Scary XC60 Polestar
View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2022, 13:58   #3
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by heskuna View Post
Does mine have a fault? When I floor it to overtake quickly it is like trying to control a stallion. I almost sideswiped a car when I first tried it. Instead of a nice smooth overtake it is a series of steering corrections. I don't think it is tracking as it is ok normally and there is no uneven wear on the tyres. I detect some tramlining occasionally and sometimes it feels as if the wheels are loose. I appreciate that sounds alarming but I put it down to being a bit sensitive to the issue. I have the suspension set to 10 so it is bit on the hard side. I have had the car a year and it has been the same throughout, even when I had new tyres on the front.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or do their cars behave themselves?

Torque steer probably, could be all manner of things from cheap tyres to drifting due to previous accident damage, unless you can see there's no movement at the wheels when you rock the steering wheel a couple of inches either way it's not likely to be your rack,

Testing time,

Does she drift, bare in mind a heavy car will always run to the camber of the road so it won't stay straight on it's own if the camber is pronounced,

Rock the steering wheel do the wheels react or not, does the steering suddenly bite when you get to say 11pm or 1am

Are the tyres a good brand or a budget brand with no name as such, i.e Cruiser 4000Z's etc

Check wheel nuts,

Check tracking, if you have suspected tram-lining or saw-toothing the cars tracking or geometry is out,

After that it's check suspension time, look for bad bushes, torn gaiter/boots on joints, roll bar bushes especially and both back and front,

If none of the above apply I'd suspect a weak spring or shocker or both.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote