View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2019, 21:59   #1
besidetheseaside

Default Fitting flying saucer tie bar/control arm bushes

So while the car was on the ramp ( having the prop centre bearing replaced, again ) and we had a spare hour I decided to start fitting these to try and get of this annoying clicking noise from the front. The old bushes did look a bit tired but there was no major visible signs of movement apart from a few small dark areas under the washer. So socket and long breaker bar soon dispatched the front bolt duly followed by the rear bolt, removed the stabiliser bar for better access, levered the tie bar down and it came out quite easily.
The rear bush looked in good condition but the one on the other side looks to be twisted so they will be replaced. So back to the flying saucer bushes which to put it politely were goosed so chiselled what was left of them out, cleaned off the rust and polished it up with a wire brush in an electric drill.
So cleaned up the bar and the bolts and washers and refitted the bar with new bushes. Only had time to do one side but will be ordering new rear bushes before I revisit it to finish the job off. On driving away noticed the steering wheel a touch out but I will sort that once the job is completed. It even seems that the clicking noise has gone but a good test drive will confirm that.

Quick question, rear bushes, are they 1329644 ?? And are the large front washers available separately ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 369D9E86-D8B2-4541-9178-88FE2957829E.jpg (74.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 3EEEDDDA-3B7F-455A-A205-BE1C78F0EA8F.jpg (73.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg B55342FA-F2BF-4EEC-9A9F-EDA8B8AF7FB8.jpg (100.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by besidetheseaside; May 20th, 2019 at 22:13.
besidetheseaside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to besidetheseaside For This Useful Post: