View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 13:38   #21
phutyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by volmikevo View Post
Also they tell me that after the DPF regen, it registers 4 gms which is very good apparently so the DPF itself should not be causing the problem. Any ideas what might cause the system to believe that the DPF repeatedly blocks after 50-60 miles or what would cause it to block after the same mileage? This seems to be testing everyone - and causing me much grief and financial injury.
I happened to be reading this while sitting in a Volvo dealership with a similar situation with my own V50 1.6D. DPF had been blocking, car is constantly throwing errors for DPF regeneration duration, DPF full and ash accumulation. I'd do a forced regen, and still it would throw the errors again with a short time (even right in the middle of a 200km motorway journey). Replaced the DPF pressure sensor and pipes (one was definitely perished), but no joy. It's got to the point where I can't even do a forced regen any more, so I'm stuck in limp mode. After a forced regen, I was getting a pressure of 5hPa from the sensor - which should mean it's clear. With the errors throwing, I'm getting 16hPa, which is still under the 20hPa Vida says is the top of the normal range. (readings at idle)

Hence my trip to the Volvo dealership. They say the issue is the intercooler pipe. Part is on order and hopefully I'll be able to get it fitted by early next week. Given your (and other's experience), I'm not 100% convinced this will be the end of my issues here, but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by phutyle; Nov 27th, 2018 at 15:40.
phutyle is offline   Reply With Quote