Thread: S40 (New) Electrics : - S40 boot light doesn't work
View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2023, 14:35   #4
Woody252506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuity30 View Post
Really confused by this. I went to replace the halogen festoon in the boot, and swapped it for LED, but it doesn't light up. I checked the old festoon and it hadn't even popped. I've tried multiple bulbs now and still nothing so I put my multimeter on the bulb holder terminals and it's not getting any voltage.
AFAIK the same fuse that powers it also powers the fuel level gauge which is working fine, so can't be that. I can't check voltage at the plug (i.e. before the bulb cradle) as the holes in the plug are too small to get my prongs in.

I don't believe this is related to the common boot loom failure because:
The reg plate lights work fine
The 'boot open' warning works fine, is only displayed when the boot is open
The rear lights all work fine
The button on the key to open the boot and the manual boot release button both work fine also

How can I access the main wire for the boot light? It goes up in the fixed parcel shelf and I can't see where it goes after that. I tried removing the top felt/foam off the parcel shelf for a better look but couldn't figure out how to do that either.
I've got the same issue with my S40.

I had to replace the boot wiring loom last summer as i couldnt open the boot. I got an OEM loom and that fixed the problem. As with you, all interior lights work fine, so does boot open warning and all reg plate lights work. I havent actually changed the bulb yet but intermittently at times it does work.
Woody252506 is offline   Reply With Quote