View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 14:39   #57
Daleman
Master Member

Default Did you leave a deposit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese taxi View Post
Dealer 'A' whom I ordered the XC60 Drive R design is certain I canot get the 2.4D any more and the D3 or D5 are the only diesels available for the XC60.
Dealer 'B' I spoke to yesterday said 'order from me now for a new car in August and I can get you a 2.4D engine'. (Huh ! dealer promises eh).
Dealer 'C', I just came off the phone from, says dealer 'A' is right. The 2.4 is no longer available.
He confirmed a (D3), 2.0D at 163BHP with 154 CO2 figures in the same (new) VED banding as the 2.4D will be in the Drive version. No Dealers have the vehicle specs as it seems they have yet to be produced, (along with the car). No MPG figures and no test drives either. By the time there is a car on the forecourt to test drive and 4-5 months order time, it could be nearly Xmas.

I think I will look at 2nd hand ex demos again. They made so many promises of the best deal with a newby. At the moment, my order is still in for June delivery, but it is not the 2.4 and though I trust Volvo cars to get it right 99% of the time,I usually look for (customer) tried and tested models.
Did you leave a deposit on the 2.4 model because I am wondering how one stands with a dealer under such circumstances with the model change being significant?

Maybe need to read my small print too!

Last edited by Daleman; Mar 16th, 2010 at 14:39. Reason: o
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote