View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2018, 16:34   #14
volmikevo

Default Aarrrgggghhhhhh

Another 50-60 miles and back to limp home mode again. No noises, smoke, dash warning lights, messages - aarrrgggghhhh - just no power. However when I took it back to the garage this morning, the engine management warning light was illuminated. No idea what this means at this stage but after £700 and still not working, I need to find a permanent fix. Changing the DPF is not the answer as the engine runs ok after a regen and, if the fault is being driven by the DPF, there needs to be some other input to the process to make it fail.

As the EOLYS tank ran out, it's been refilled and the DPF regened twice. After each regen, the engine runs for about 50-60 miles before failing again. Is it possible for there to be an airlock in the line from this EOLYS tank to wherever it goes to be used? My logic says that if the cooling system was refilled and not bled, an airlock would prevent circulation. If the brake system was refilled, the brake lines would need to be bled to make the brakes function.......... Could this be an answer?
volmikevo is offline   Reply With Quote