View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2020, 09:52   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchael6 View Post
This is great info thank a lot. On the move today picking up things for the move in a van but will check the fuses when I get home. As the car is would you drive it?
As long as the brakes themselves work, yes.

I've driven mine for over a year with the ABS light showing (now fixed but a totally different problem to yours) after i reached 15mph (yes, i know i quoted about 8mph for yours and this is correct for the fault i had) and the brakes worked fine. I've alao had other cars with ABS faults and happily driven them. It's actually a bug-bear of mine that an ABS light showing is an MoT fail as the ABS is a driver aid, lack of it (or a fault showing on it) doesn't prevent the normal brakes operating normally unless there's a brake system fault. If that's the case it would be dangerous to drive anyway and the brakes would get sorted.

Looking at a 1995 wiring diagram, it appears that the fuse you need to check is fuse 24 - it might be that when you remove it that it's intact and when you replace it, the fault disappears - should be a 15A blue one - give that a try and see, it might be as simple as that and is fairly quick to check!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: