View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 11:49   #16
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchael6 View Post
Made it down ok! Thanks for all the replies. I’m going to try and get to the bottom of this over the next week

I have noticed that I’m having to top up the coolant after really long journeys. I thought it was air escaping after refilling the system following a flush. I did change most components in the cooling system. but I’m beginning to think it’s coolant I’m losing. The carpets are dry in the foot wells and I did a chemical test to check for exhaust gases in the coolant and it came back normal. Perhaps one of the jubilee clips isn’t tight enough and a bit is getting out. There is never any coolant under the car and it seems I only notice a drop in the level once the car has cooled down after a big drive. Waterpump isn’t leaking as far as I can see, I changed that as well.

Thanks!
Glad you made it there safe and sound and the move went well. Did you renew the coolant expansion cap? Also is it manual or auto?

Have you had a chance to check the fuses yet?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote