View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 15:19   #18
ITSv40
VOC Member

Biggbn,

I am like you 'old school' and put great emphasis on correct servicing and frequent oil changes.

A couple of years ago we bought a 2007 Mini Cooper for 'er indoors. Like you we had looked at many and finding the right spec in the right colour and condition is very difficult with Mini's. Anyway found the perfect car 53,000mls full service history except the first oil change was 18,000mls. Everything stacked up otherwise, it drove superbly and had only just come in as a part ex and the dealer had not had time to 'tart it up'. It was in very good clean used condition.

I agonised over the lack of first oil change, but took a punt and bought it. I got a hefty discount for buying as seen with no warranty and no valeting etc as I would do that myself anyway. The car is now on 87,000mls with no issues. I service it myself and change the oil every 7,000mls - because that is me - and the only major things I have replaced is the air con condenser as it suffered stone damage - Mini's are susceptible to that - and two front suspension mounts.

Brilliant little thing, drives like a go kart and makes 'er indoors feel young when out and about in it, so all good.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: