View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 10:46   #14
Dilinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Like Justin Bieber would say: "what do you mean?"

There is no actual B/D spilt. Now all engines are B. You can get either a B diesel or a B petrol engine.
It depends on the models and available engines.
The B5 can be a diesel or petrol engines but you wont find any D option. The T options will be discontinued in the following months.

If you are doing another leasing, just check the residual value on both options and make a decision from there. If I had the B engines available when I was buying, I would have bought the B5 petrol engine instead of the diesel one.

The D4 engine is loud and not very smooth if comparing it to the T5 engine. But it's cheaper and the money I will save doing 25.000 km per year will eventually compensate in terms of fuel costs (saving 3k per year).
But with a B engine, the fuel consumption would lower from the petrol engine option so if you look at the savings comparing a D4 to a B5, there is still a gap but not a big one. In the end, it would compensate to have a smoother and quieter engine.
Don’t forget that diesel gives you also torque.
And B engines are smoother either Diesels or Petrols
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dilinger For This Useful Post: