View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2020, 23:33   #28
bluebrickrick

Hi Dave & Ash, been out of circulation for a while, don't ask, involves lower end of a tibia, a bit broken off it and the rigmarole since

I've been bottom feeding on a 945 just about to hit the crusher and have been struggling to remove the ignition switch.

My current blue brick has developed an annoying fault of sometimes not having the starter operate, intermittent but annoying. hot wire between solenoid and battery terminal results in instant action so I thought I'd have a spare switch module in case I can't find a wiring break, plan A put in another switch, plan B hard wire a parallel wired switch on the dash with a new wire.

Unfortunately the donor is a way off and in a farmyard, I forgot my mirror on a stick and my restricted movement doesn't allow the usual contortions to view. I just could not see a way of separating the switch from the lock barrel and having had a search here can't find an idiots guide!

Unless there is a short cut it appears I either have to drill out the 3 screws holding the top steering shaft, take the little genny and angle grind the steel bracket on which they are fitted or resort to pyrotechnics.

Can you offer any alternative ?? The up side is that I have found a key that fits if it is the whole unit that has to be changed.

And that is without the blue fingered saga of removing the instrument panel bezel, yes I'm needing yet another Yakaza speedo......

Hope you're both keeping well and the wind isn't blowing your way Ash, from Oz - looks horrendous there
bluebrickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluebrickrick For This Useful Post: