View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2019, 20:30   #102
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymitch View Post
I took the car out for a test drive today - it started fine.

However, I now have another warning light! My code reader is now giving me the code 1-1-3. On the Volvo owner's club's code diagnostic page this is the fault condition 'Fuel trim (lambda control) too lean or rich' and the cause is 'Mixture incorrect: O2S wiring fault'. My car has the Bosch LH2.4 ignition system.

I think I might now be getting to the second underlying problem with my car Does anyone have any idea what to go for next? My ideas are:

- Replace O2 sensor / wiring
- Clean grounds
- Clean / replace the MAF sensor. This was replaced by the garage with a second hand unit so may have introduced another fault.
Pull fuse #1 for a minimum of 30 seconds and then replace it. Take it for another drive and see if it comes back. If the engine is hot when you pull the fuse and the fault doesn't return until the next day when it's cold, there's a high chance the heater in the Lambda sensor has gone weak/failed.
I'd leave the MAF sensor alone for now as well, this "fault" has only happened since renewing the Coolant Temp Sensor for the ECU so the ECU is probably relearning fuel trims etc. However, if the lambda sensor has gone weak, whether because the heater in it is dead/dying or because the sensor itself is dead/dying it will maybe take a bit longer for the ECU to relearn.

What's the mileage and do you know if the Lambda sensor has ever been replaced since new?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: