View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 18:09   #110
haymitch

The epic thread continues...was wondering if anyone can answer a final question to finish it off please?

The hot start problem I thought I'd fixed has returned. The cold starts are fine now which is something! When the hot start problem happens the engine will need reving for a around 10 seconds to a few minutes to prevent the engine from stalling, exactly as described on this page https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/Hot...enceGuide.html

Rereading this thread, I'm wondering whether I've not given the car enough time to relearn the fuel trims and that everytime I tinker I reset the few trims. I've not driven the car much recently. How long does it take for the car to relearn the fuel trims usually? Is there anything you can do to speed up the process?

My plan is to give the car a bit more time to relearn the fuel trims (I had the battery disconnected yesterday) and then revisit the hot start problem if it still occurs (and maybe create a new thread!). So far I've tried the following:

- Checked Resistance as two pronged idle air control valve. 8.6 Ohms so seems fine. Engine idles slower when disconnected. I've cleaned the idle air control valve itself.
- Changed the radio suppression relay as I had one lying around.
haymitch is offline   Reply With Quote