View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 14:36   #3
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Dear 'classic'

I know you allowed me to pick you brains before. Can i have another few questions?

You write words to the effect..."turbo cars and the odd exceptions" will actually gain power.

Do I have the following correct?

1) For optimum fuel:air mix we usually see a drop in power with the gases, simply because LPG (and CNG) has less energy for a given swept volume, which leaves less room for air. Hence because each cycle gets less air, we see less power.

2) So does it follow because turbo-charging can make-up for that air deficit [against petrol] and because LPG and CNG can take a CR way higher, [because of higher octane] greater boost or CR means that gas ultimately gains over petrol?

3) This because now you're shoving in more fuel per cycle than you could with petrol, even over using petrol with a turbo? Hence, Normally aspirated in our theoretical engines, and all else equal, petrol wins, but turbocharged petrol will pre-detonate so can never catch-up?

4) When you convert a turbo-cahrged car, do you ever see more power, and if you don't, is it because you're hobbled with a BiFuel car, and thus the boost set as safest for petrol?

Pretty please?

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Mar 15th, 2018 at 14:51.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote