View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 22:41   #13
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Well my personal thought is that all software updates unless it is adding enhanced capability (Cruise Control, Trip Computer etc...) then the manufacturer should supply these free of charge for the life of the vehicle?

For instance ECU/TCM/CEM etc... software that is fundamental in the cars operation and clean efficient running of the car should all be free? Sometimes these updates are there because the original software wasn't quite good enough or flawed and updates are required to ensure the product is kept running correctly.

Yes there are updates that just enhance what is already there but this again should be provided free as thrugh life support of vehicle that they produced in the first place?

Personally I think software updates and the cost of them is a con and manufacturers should be providing them free, either as a service or in such a way the end user can apply them to the vehicle.

Yes thats what i have been saying for the last 14 years since it appeared ... Unless it improves something rather than fixes a factory mistake in programming ..