View Single Post
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 14:54   #17
Munster732

Well, a totally unproductive few hours, left me scratching my head and kicking the imaginary dog in frustration.
Im gonna ask a completely obvious and stupid set of questions as now I cant see the wood for the trees and am doubting everything I do.

Took off rad top and bottom hose and hosed it through top to bottom, totally clear and flowing. Then removed the thermostat, on putting it back together the housing wouldn't seal without a thermostat in it so that kinda knackered that idea. tried it with the seal alone but wasn't sealing. Did notice that it was a gen Volvo one that was fitted, with the mentioned nipple for orientation. It was looking a bit past it, the seal was all chewed up so decided to replace. The new one from Euro Car Parts doesn't have a nipple or any way of telling which way is up or down. Threw that in and it sealed but seemed to make no difference at all.
There doesn't seem to be a proper circulation, so stupid question no 1. on following the hose from exp tank it goes down the inner wing then into a T piece that splits, one way to rad bottom hose connection and other to front off engine block, oil cooler pipes etc
So does the flow go into bottom of rad and out the top or vice versa? I always thought it was in the top and out the bottom, but im blind now with frustration.
Car isn't overheating but isn't getting a return supply to the expansion tank at all.
So where to now, as ive bled it and bled it, had every pipe just about off and still no wiser

can anyone send me an idiots copy of the vadis diagram with flow direction or just tell me which way so I don't go bonkers.
I hate this car now!
Munster732 is offline   Reply With Quote