View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 10:07   #12
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D6Stevie View Post
Had I wished or required a pointless rant about legalities... I'd of asked the next time cops lift me. 🙄
And fear not... for no car of mine shall ever require you to MOT them. Zhowever it is great to read your self righteous and condescending views upon those 'lesser persons' than yourself.
Hehe, next time also ask about "traction control mod" and see what happens
As I couldnt care less if dpf removal is legal or not (sorry to all righteous ones), especially if its not my car or problem - let me answer with what I know (*limited knowledge of diesels so based on my talks with diesel owners):
- you can physically remove DPF but car needs some software tweak to behave properly, otherwise it will trigger all weird errors and odd reporting from sensors that may cause car to go into limp mode/not work at all etc etc. All of dpf removal applications I heard of were made in garages that also modify the map so I am not sure its something you can just cut off with band saw in your own garage. Not sure how cars can pass MOT/NCT with this out but I know a lot of them do so its either not spotted or not checked or something else that I cant understand. Fact is, flooring a diesel with removed DPF is an experience similar to cold starting a russian tractor as cloud of smoke is insane so just keep that in mind, you wont be unnoticed. Just this sunday I had a chance to meet mapped D5 with aftermarket full custom exhaust and removed DPF. POwer delivery and experience was insane (240HP on FWD diesel) but when he floored it on motorway, cloud of smoke remained for about 1mile away so yes, not exactly "sleeper" mod.
So its all up to you, I would perosnally advise you NOT to do it and map it with DPF in place to avoid any issues and not looking like a *** when accelerating, but technically speaking, legality aside, it IS possible, but accompanied with proper software mod.
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: