View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2019, 10:17   #13
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by D6Stevie View Post
not for the miles I do.
I don't really understand the logic. If it's only about performance for the dpf delete it's one thing. If as you say you are concerned with running costs, this makes no sense.

If the car is worth next to nothing, then why bother, get something else. If the car has some value, why make its resale value probably next to nothing by spending money on the delete?

Additionally, how much will you spend on the delete and remap... Let's say £500 minimally if done properly, and again best case reducing value of car by the cost of reversal £500. At saving 10p a mile, over another deisel or even petrol, you will be doing 10,000 miles before you break even on expected value, plus potential additonal costs and hassle at MOT time, and if you get caught, then the fine involved and knock on effect on insurance costs (not sure about this one). I know my actual figures are guess work, but if you do this calculation for yourself you will probably only be saving a couple hundred quid a year at best and driving around a very polluting car.

I'm not writing this to judge or condescend, just pointing out that all in, it probably wont give you the financial benefit you think it will. Oh and if the car starts acting up, dont forget the cost of your own labour and hassle getting a garage to fix a car that's had the dpf and software messed with.
The Following User Says Thank You to lockstock For This Useful Post: