View Single Post
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 09:50   #71
amackenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
no thats fine , in good condition it should hold on the 2nd or 3rd click 👍
Sorry to jump in on this again but got more issues with my handbrake but happy to hear Neil has sorted his out!

As I mentioned before after adjusting the parking brake I had managed to get it to fully hold the car after 3 clicks. However now when I go to put the handbrake on it is taking all the range of motion, over 9 clicks to hold the car.

Could I have tightened it up too much so that the shoes have been rubbing as I’ve been driving and have now been worn down? I haven’t felt any difference and haven’t smelt any burning brakes and my mpg hasn’t been affected? The only thing I have noticed is a low humming noise when travelling over 40mph.

Now that it is taking almost 10 clicks to engage the handbrake can I assume that it can’t be rubbing on the wheel when it is fully released? I ask because even now when the handbrake is taking 10 clicks to engage I can still hear the low humming coming from the car when driving? It could be that I am just noticing this noise more now that I am having these issues..

Any pointers would be great, after getting it to hold at 3 clicks I thought I had finally managed to crack the xc90 handbrake problems!
amackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote