View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 12:59   #49
Derek UK
VOC Member

Pic 1 shows the single tab for the short rubber strap. That holds the top of the jack against the wheel arch with the hook around the edge of the adjacent strengthening plate. Works but not very efficient. The longer rubber strap used the two tabs for holding the bottom of the jack. It works but again a bit of a fiddle which is why they often aren't used. Remove spare wheel to give you a bit of room. The piece of nylon strap you show looks like the real thing but the original had a white thread down each side and had the metal buckle I mentioned. Velcro isn't up to the job but looks OK I suppose. Check the previous link.

Tool kits are a bit different between early and late cars. I have one of the cranked wheel nut tools and it may be Volvo I guess but I don't think it will fit in the bag. It would make it difficult to roll up. Normally there is a large box spanner which fits the wheel nuts one end and the spark plugs the other. This comes with a short thin tommy bar with a domed end for use when removing plugs and the longer bar you have for doing the wheel nuts. Black handled screwdriver normally with early cars and usefully the blades reverse to give a crosshead and straight driver at each end. Pair of pliers for early cars and an adjustable spanner with a serrated jaw at the other end for later cars. Serrated jaw for various size nuts but not very effective. Made by Bahco but should be marked Volvo and not Bahco if they are the correct one.
I wouldn't pay lots of money for these tools but if you keep your eyes open you can find them individually for not much money. In your position, I would look out for the box spanner as it is the most useful. I have attached a few tool kit pictures. As you can see they do vary and may or may not be complete/correct. Look in the parts book for a picture of the toolset.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tk1.jpg (379.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg tk2.jpg (144.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg tk3.jpg (183.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg tk4.jpg (83.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 74201122127AM7beb-vert.jpg (327.3 KB, 14 views)
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post: