View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 18:27   #20
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Same for me , I have managed fine for 40 years of home use with a 1/2" square drive 2 ft bar . and a 350 mn torque wrench for doing up .. In a professional environment when something goes wrong, you can always get a new bolt or have the tools to get around any damage misuse of a power gun causes .
A power gun can cause some big problems when used at home , captive nuts tend to break off in the chassis with the shock loads where they would not with a constant torque from an arm :-) Camshafts ends can break off because cast iron is brittle . and torx and allen headed bolts can round off .
All that is true but not the fault of the tool, if any tool is misused or used inappropriately then damage will be caused. Because you have a rattle gun doesnot mean you have to use it. However removing a nut front the panhandle rod of a landrover that had sat there for 25 years was easy with the c1002, with the old fashioned method of breaker bar I would still be at it because it took all the 1600 Nm knock off torque of the tool to get it off. Fought all the way and no room to swing a 2ft bar.

Working under a 4 poster lift is easier than off the floor as well, unfortunatly don't have the room for one or I would.

As with all tools they have their uses.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: