Thread: Engine 850: B5252S/2.4/10v: - Pros and cons for LPG conversion
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2019, 20:31   #5
cyclogenesis

I had my 96 855 T5 converted in 2007 at 134000 miles. Yes i initially had engine management light issues but the installer sorted this out by fitting different injectors and tuning it properly. I am now on 255000 miles and still going strong. It has paid for itself many times over at 60p a litre or thereabouts. All the pros and cons of the previous poster are correct but the EML issues are because of poor installation not a fault of LPG per se. There is an LPG section on this site but it has descended into a bit of a bun fight between the lovers and haters. I have had 120000 miles of trouble free and cheap motoring whereas i would probably have sold the car many years ago running just on unleaded as it is like a Pompey supporter on Stella.

One final word, if you are considering it, it is important to make sure the car itself is in good condition, especially the fuel and ignition system. My installer refused to even consider the conversion until he had inspected my car. Many of the issues are due to conversions of cars that have not been properly looked after.

Last edited by cyclogenesis; May 4th, 2019 at 20:33.
cyclogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote