View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 10:36   #12
4cranks

Smile

I've had my D4 FWD manual since mid 2015, when it was already 6 months old. It usually travels fairly lightly loaded and is more than adequate for normal driving and quick overtaking if necessary. Unless towing or going off road regularly there is no need for AWD - I have never had front wheel slip, unlike some previous cars. The D4 completes long motorway journeys in very relaxed style.
Initially I had problems with very occasional engine management warnings and with the stop-start functioning only very infrequently, although neither of these affected the performance or reliability of the car. Eventually the dealer replaced the EGR (for free, although the warranty had expired) and a couple of sensors. Since then I have had no further fault warnings and the stop-start has functioned correctly.
My lifetime average fuel consumption is 45 mpg but on a longer run I can get 50-52 mpg.
Also worth noting that the D4 FWD manual fell into the short lived £30 car tax bracket. So far as I am aware this was the only version of the XC60 to do so - it's a big car for such low tax.
4cranks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4cranks For This Useful Post: