View Single Post
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 22:21   #47
Traveller11

We've had a Hobby Single Axle Caravan which has been all over Europe and Scandinavia, normally on tours lasting 3 months, & being hauled around by a 2010 XC70 D5 SE Manual which tows/hauls it like a dream.

Currently we use CL sites in the UK preferably ones that have not been 'coerced' by the 'CLUB' into fitting EHU Points as the Hobby is fitted with the facilities to allow us to not have to rely on EHU for everything!

2 x 60Watt Solar Panels, Solar Controller and 125AH Battery along with a 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter (Not used that often, but has been known to drive the Microwave to cook Salmon for dinner!)

Currently the Volvo which is aptly named 'Flamenco Red' has also hauled the 'TinTent' on 5 x 90 day tours of Morocco where the 4x4 drive has on occasions been required when travelling along a river bed, as we move from 1 campsite to another!
Or up over a mountain range over 8000ft high! Beautiful views and narrow places to get through!

While we are preparing to head off on our 6th adventure 'down there' once more.

While the Hobby has been with this Volvo it also did a couple of trips into Europe and Scandinavia with our previous XC70 and totaling the distance covered so far is over 120,000 Miles, while 'Flamenco Red' has just gone over 100,000.

I must admit that the XC70 is by far the best Volvo I have owned and driven in over 45 years of owning and driving them.

For me it's a darn shame that Volvo/Geeley decided to drop the XC70 as the XC60 is too wide to fit in the garage when we are back home! Grrrr!

P.s. If anyone asks 'How do you do it for so long?'
It's called retirement and luvvin every minute of it!

Last edited by Traveller11; Nov 12th, 2017 at 22:25.
Traveller11 is offline   Reply With Quote