Thread: fuel additives
View Single Post
Old Nov 12th, 2018, 12:38   #11
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
Tannaton, I have no doubt about the number of refineries and what you have said. However, I cant ignore the comments made by journalists like HonestJohn who after years in the trade, appear to swear by the long term benefits to a motor vehicle of using fuel from a non supermarket source to using supermarket slop.
Do the fuel tankers have separate compartments? I can't help but wonder if section 'a' goes to Tesco or whatever and section 'b' to the non supermarket outlet. It wouldn't take much to add a little something extra when section b is filled at the depot. Supermarket slop may not be watered down, but non supermarket fuel may have a richer taste?
Perhaps someone will be able to say without the risk of loosing their job.
The bigger articulated tankers are compartmentalised, usually into 4 or more tanks and they are baffled as well. This enables them to deliver different fuels (diesel, petrol, premium etc.) and stops all the contents sloshing to the back on hills...

So yes your point is fair it is entirely possible for tankers to deliver different "mixes" to different customers.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote